In the winter, I’m always craving warm, sweet food, so a fruit crumble is the perfect option for dessert.
I think it’s nicer to make food from scratch where possible, and this recipe is so easy, anyone can make it!
It takes about 30 minutes all up to prepare, and tastes delicious.
Ingredients for the filling
- 200g apple peeled
- 200g pear peeled
- 100g blueberries (or 500g of any fruit!)
- Two tablespoons maple syrup (Or you could use stevia/agave syrup if you don’t want to use maple)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
And for the crumble topping
- 60g plain flour
- 25g oatmeal
- 60g brown sugar/stevia (I prefer sugar…)
- 60g butter or olive spread
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Peel the apples and pears, then chop and cook in a pan with the water and lemon juice until soft but not mushy.
- Add blueberries, maple syrup and stir.
- Add the blueberries, cooked fruit and maple mix in the dish you want to bake in.
- Sift the flour, then mix together the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl – flour, oatmeal then sugar.
- Warm the butter until it is soft before adding in.
- Once the crumble has been well mixed, rub into fine breadcrumbs and then sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 20 minutes in the hottest part of the oven or until the crumble is brown and crunchy. Serve with cream, custard or ice cream! 🙂